Monday, April 23, 2012

Counting down the days

I have started a countdown to the days until I depart. I have yet to decide if this was a good idea or bad. Currently I am at 38 days. The more I think about leaving the more excited I get, yet at the same time I get really nervous.
There are many things that I need to do before I am ready to leave. I need to move out of my house. What in the world will I do with all my stuff. I think this is a good time to trim down my possessions. Time to cut away the fat so to speak, of the accumulation of things that I can easily go without. I need to finish up my big projects here at work before I go. It is mostly downhill from here, all of our big events and things done for the school year.
Then I have to pack. Talk about a major undertaking. Firstly, I always over-pack. It has been something I have done for years. So how does one even begin to pack for a place they have never been to? It is going to be hot, real hot. So luckily I will not be packing bulky items such as jackets and sweatshirts. But I will need to be packing dress clothes for every day at work, but then everything else. It just seems quite a task at this point.
Nearly five weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment